Sunday 12 December 2010

Pepe's First Day of the Dead.

 So, this is a project to do with Sequential Illustration, where I designed a character and made a small sequence for him to come alive in! I decided to follow a theme, which was the Mexican Day of the Dead. This first image is just one of my experiments, where I made a small skull with decorations, much like the ones they make in Mexico. Here it is on my little manakin.
 In my sequence, the idea is that my character (Pepe) is a little soul coming out for his first Day of the Dead after having recently died. You see him come out of his grave, look around and then the final image shows his tiny self in a big, big world! This is a part of what would be a much longer sequence.
This is Pepe. He's meant to be a fairly young boy who is rather confused about the whole business of dying. His stance reflects is vulnerable and timid personality. I really like him! If I had more time I would've enjoyed making a 3D Pepe out of the materials I imagined, such as wood, scraps of materials, and maybe even little bones!

No comments:

Post a Comment